Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Something old, something new...

Vintage weddings are all the rage right now, and I'm obsessed! It's amazing what you can do with people's old junk! Right now, I'm focusing on centerpieces. I've been scouring goodwill stores, flea markets, antique fairs for anything from candles and candle holders and milk glass bottles to all sorts of vintage hardcover books.

These milk glass vases are amazing! Ranging from $1 a piece to $15 a piece - I've been collecting them in all shapes and sizes.


My vision is to stack 2-3 of these milk glass vases (a couple small bud vases and one bigger statement piece) in the center of the table, using vintage books to elevate them. Throw in a big antique silver candelabra and scatter a bunch of votive and tealight candles and we're golden!

I also love the idea of using teacups and tea pots as flower pots - so cheap and adorable!


Oh the ideas are endless! Birdcages, vintage postcards, vintage suitcases, empty picture frames, vintage bikes, old-school cameras, vintage tea tins and coffee cans....my mind is spinning! Have ideas? Pictures? Post them here! With our powers combined....my wedding's going to be killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment