Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pegging* with Brogues

So, yeah, about those posts...whoops!

Anywho, recently I have been trying to figure out brogues, and how they work into a wardrobe. If you aren't in the know, brogues are the dudely dress type shoes showing up this fall for us womenz to wear. And I really want to wear them! The problem seems to be with what? So below is my attempt to square the circle, so to speak, into a fall weekend look.


So the only way I can see wearing them is if you peg your jeans or are wearing something with a shorter leg. They could work with a skirt or dress too, but I feel it would need to maybe have a certain feminine flare to counter-act the dudely-ness of the shoes.

Marc by Marc Jacobs sweater. Love it, love the sailor inspired looks going on right now. Love. The jeans are 7 For All Mankind, but I think you could just wear a straight leg jean from anywhere.

Brogues from Steve Madden. I cannot take credit for this next idea (I read it in In Style magazine) but I really like the idea of lacing them with a ribbon instead of the regular laces. It would make them a little more interesting, no?

Um, robot necklace which I found at Mod Cloth? Yes, please! Along with a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag.

Just tie up your hair and hurry out the door to the coffee shop, girl!

I'll probably see you there at the end up September because I will be hunched over a book studying for school...sigh...

*not that kind of pegging, you sicko. I'm talking about your jeans!


3 comments:

  1. Oooooo! I like! I don't know if I could pull off that look though....I would run the risk of looking like a 12 year old boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a mini skirt with an a-line? I think that eliminates the 'boy' factor...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't skew into that school girl line or you'll get some To Catch A Predators following you home! Either way - I'm loving the broughs. To. Death.

    ReplyDelete